Monday, July 20, 2009

Why Continuing Education

Exists.

The following is an email from Jo, Chair of Cross-Disciplinary Studies and ACHE member (of course):

Jerdon is meeting with a friend of mine who called me last week and told me that she wanted to come back to school, after 20 years. My friend told me that she came to ETSU five years ago, and just gave up. She had lots of questions, and no one at admissions could/would answer them. When she called me, she just said, “Please help me and tell me who to talk to. I have to talk to a real person who understands that I have been to five different schools and I am not stupid. I can’t spend a week taking off work and trying to get the admissions office to talk to me.”

I asked Jerdan to talk to her.

They are meeting now. Jerdan is working her magic. She is truly an angel to the adult student.

No comments:

Post a Comment